CHSA Charity 2022
Grief Encounter: Get involved to support bereaved children and young people.
One child in every UK classroom will experience the death of someone close by the time they reach 16 years old.
Bereavement is devastating at any age, but for a child it is life-changing. Grief Encounter offers a lifeline. Providing free, immediate, one-to-one support, they help children and young people with the confusion, fear, loneliness and pain they can feel following the death of someone close.
We are proud to support Grief Encounter.
To date, thanks to the generosity of our members, we have raised £20,000, funds Grief Encounter is putting to good use.
- £50 pays for a one-to-one counselling session
- £100 provides a grief kit for a bereaved family
- £500 pays for a bereaved family to attend a residential weekend
- £1,000 pays for a dedicated trauma specialist to conduct an initial response for one week with a school following the death of a student
- £3,000 pays for a family fun day for up to 80 bereaved children and their families
Grief Encounter is our chosen charity for 2022. We will raise funds at our May Gala Ball and support Grief Encounter’s initiatives throughout the year including the Forget Me not Walk in March and Grief Awareness Week in November.